Is there any food more popular than pizza? Aside from the fact that it can be easily made, every sauce compliments every bite of your pizza. Often wonder what sauce you want to use for your pizza? Most people who bake home-made pizza opt to pair it with a marinara sauce. Well, it is no wonder because a marinara sauce is easy to make. But can you use marinara sauce for pizza? Find out below, and learn how you can make it perfect for your pizza.
Marinara Sauce on Pizza
Can you use Marinara sauce for pizza? The answer is yes!
By the 1900s, the sauce was proclaimed as an Italian classic. Marinara sauce has that original Italian flavor. Out of all the red sauces, Marinara sauce is the easiest to make.
Marinara sauce is made with only a few ingredients and with easy steps to follow. The next part will show you the process of making this delicious type of sauce.
Marinara Sauce vs. Pizza Sauce
Is Marinara sauce pizza sauce? Know the differences between the two.
- If you take a closer look at them, you can observe that Marinara sauce is much thicker than pizza sauce.
- Marinara sauce also has a stronger taste than your typical pizza sauce.
- Pizza sauce is made of uncooked tomatoes. On the other hand, Marinara sauce is made with cooked ones.
Can you use Marinara sauce for pizza? Find that out in the next part.
The Making of Marinara Sauce
You will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh oregano
- Olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Red chili flakes
- Dry oregano
- San Marzano tomatoes
- Salt, sugar, and black pepper
- Baking soda
- Chop the fresh oregano leaves.
- Put olive oil in a pan with 2 anchovies.
- Put the minced garlic in the pan, and cook it for 1 minute.
- Throw in the fresh oregano and reduce the heat. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Toss in some dry oregano and red chili flakes for a spicy flavor.
- Put the tomato sauce in a bowl and crush it cleanly with your bare hand.
- Once the tomatoes are crushed, put them into the pan and raise the heat a little. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add some salt, sugar, and black pepper. Stir nicely, then let simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Finally, add the baking soda to neutralize the acid.
So can you use Marinara sauce for pizza? Absolutely! You can upgrade your typical pizza with Marinara sauce to have the best pizza experience. You just have to use the freshest tomatoes as well as your other preferred ingredients to produce your much-needed sauce. Know more about sauce for pizza.