Are you planning to make a delicious homemade pizza? We can agree that pizza is one of the most needed snacks to have on both the worst and best days. If you are wondering about can you use pasta sauce for pizza or not, then reading through the end can help you with your dilemma. Find out if pasta sauce is the best alternative for your homemade pizza.
Can You Use Pasta Sauce For Pizza?
You should first have an idea of what separates the two. Although they may look similar to everyone’s eye, pizza and pasta sauce have something that contrasts them from each other. Below are the differences between pasta and pizza sauce.
- One great difference between the two is that a pasta sauce has more moisture and water than pizza sauce.
- Pizza sauce comes with a higher amount of tomato paste concentration in contrast to pasta sauce. This explains why you can see how a pizza sauce is thicker compared to your regular pasta sauce.
- Pasta sauce is made with more ingredients other than tomatoes.
- Pizza sauce is made with uncooked tomatoes. On the other hand, pasta sauce has cooked tomatoes in it.
So, can you use pasta sauce for pizza? Would it change the taste of your most-craved food? Find out on the next part of this article.
Can you use pasta sauce for pizza? When you try to analyze the difference between these two sauces, you can tell that they are completely poles apart. From the ingredients down to the texture, pizza and pasta sauce are the not the same.
With that being said, the answer is no. These sauces are made for different purposes. Yes, you may use either when you really run out of option, but you can expect that you can’t get the taste that you actually want out from a pizza. However, if you don’t really care about what it’s going to taste after you pull it out from the oven, using pasta sauce will do. But there are still better options that you can consider using instead of pasta sauce. They are:
- Salsa – There is tomato-based salsa that can help turn your homemade pizza into what you expect it to be. This is a great alternative for those who lack pizza sauce in their pantry. You can top it off with pepperoni and your other favorite pizza toppings.
- Barbeque Sauce – This option is kind of surprising, right? If you want to take your pizza into a whole new level, using barbeque sauce as an option that can help you with your homemade pizza goals.
Making a homemade pizza gives your favorite food a more personal touch. However, you need to remember that the sauce that you are using is the key to having a good-tasting pizza. Find out more about sauce for pizza.