How Many Calories Are There In A Personal Pan Pizza?
There's so much going on in a slice of pizza that it is not popular among those who count their calories. The pizza dough in itself is a plate of carbs that holds, from top to bottom, another layer of food that can make one tip-off the scales. There's your bed of creamy sauce laden with salt and sugar, then your toppings of meat and oils and fat and just the occasional vegetable, then finally, a blanket of melting cheese. But is there a chance of bringing down the damage of one pizza slice? How many calories are in a personal pan pizza anyway?
Counting Calories on your Pizza
The calorie content on pizza naturally depends on the load of toppings that each slice carries. The thicker the slice and the more fully-packed the toppings are, the bigger the calorie content. Thus, to reduce your guilt when you indulge on a slice, you can consider lessening the toppings, or just choosing what would make your slice most palatable.
To start our search on how many calories are in a personal pan pizza, let us look at the most basic personal pan pizza with the fewest toppings. A cheese pizza, with just cheese and sauce, is typically 590 calories. Pizza Hut's six-inch personal pan pizza registers this calorie count for the whole set. Therefore, you can consider 590 calories as your base count for the personal pan pizza. If you add more toppings along the way, then naturally, the calories go higher. Let's see how much the calories rise as more toppings join the party in a personal pan pizza.
How many calories are in a personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut?
- Veggie Lover's: 550 calories. This choice is lower than the basic cheese pizza. This is so far the lowest you can get among your options of pizza flavors.
- Ham & pineapple: Just like the veggie lover’s, this pan pizza is also 550 calories
- Hawaiian Luau: 620 calories. Pizza is affording you a little treat with this one.
- Pepperoni Lover’s: 720 calories. If you are a meat or shall I say pepperoni lover, this is something you can indulge in with lots of pepperoni slices on top.
- Italian Sausage and Red Onion: 690 calories. 100 calories more than the basic pizza to accommodate some creamy sauce.
- Supreme: 720 calories. A crowd-favorite among pizza lovers, this pizza has one of the highest calories among pan pizzas (thanks to its various toppings).
- Triple Meat Italiano: 730 calories. Ten calories more than the Supreme for a meaty-Italian pizza.
- Meat Lover’s: 830 calories. Probably the weightiest among the list for all the meats and sauces gloriously dumped on a pie. Who wouldn’t want a personal pan pizza with all meat toppings?
Enjoy More Pizza with Less Calories
Now that you know how many calories are in a personal pizza don't deprive yourself just yet. Here are some tips you can consider so that you can continue enjoying your personal pan pizza without berating yourself too much.
- Go meatless. This will reduce the number of calories on your pizza. Also, minus the meat, you get to slowly savor the flavors on a basic pizza that you tend to forget when mindlessly munching.
- Add more vegetables. Taking out the meat may indeed lessen the bulk you're looking for when starving, but there's an alternative. Instead of heaps of meat, you can try more layers of vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, and spinach. They make for a more filling, refreshing, and satisfying pizza, too.
- Skip the cheese. You can either remove the cheese entirely or just reduce it in half to make a significant difference in your pizza's calorie content.
- Keep the oil away. Drizzling oil on pizza is another pleasure, but if you can hold it, then you're better off. Look for other flavorful ways of improving your pizza like adding more basil and herbs, and umami-rich food like mushrooms.
- Have a pizza schedule. Don't be too hard on yourself. Schedule a pizza treat for yourself once a month as a reward for keeping fit on regular days. If you do it regularly, you will eventually forget how many calories are in a personal pan pizza because you know that you are finally eating it in moderation.
There are so various ways that you can elevate your pizza experience while bringing the calories down. For instance, eat your pizza slowly. Since this is an indulgence for you, it may do you good not to rush through a piece. Experience the deliciousness of pizza and the value of the moment by chewing slowly. Taking note of all the flavors that burst in your mouth can be a satisfying experience. Also, try making an inventory of these flavors. Describe the taste of the pizza you are eating by writing down or just saying out loud the flavors you sense. Do you sense saltiness or spice? Take note of an aroma that takes you back to your childhood. Through this, you become more appreciative of your pizza and the present moment. The next time you ask how many calories are in a personal pan pizza, it will not be out of harsh discipline, but the desire to enjoy life in moderation. Know more about calories in pizza.
April 2, 2021
By: Jason Kennedy
Most types of pizzas will not pass the healthy meter because of excessive fats and calories. The obvious rule is that the meatier it gets, the higher the calories.