Most types of pizzas will not pass the healthy meter because of excessive fats and calories. The obvious rule is that the meatier it gets, the higher the calories. The greener the pizza, the closer it is to the healthier zone. With this in mind, your next questions may be, “How many calories are there in a pan pizza?” and “What will be its effects on the body? Let’s find out.
History of the Pan Pizza
The pan pizza was born in the 1960s, being the Carney brothers’ creation in Wichita, Kansas, and became an instant icon during that time. It is not far-fetched to say that it is the reason why Pizza Hut is so popular today. Later on, other pizza restaurants copied the pan pizza of Pizza Hut and made a version of their own.
Pan Pizza Calories-O-Meter
Different pan pizzas have different calorie counts. Some are higher and break the barrier of being a healthy line, while others are justifiable. Here in our ‘how many calories in a pan pizza’, we will unravel the calories present in a single slice of pizza.
- A single slice of cheese pan pizza has 140 calories. This amount of calories is acceptable if you are aiming for a healthier lifestyle.
- A single slice of BBQ chicken can have 170 calories. That is 30 calories than a single slice of cheese pan pizza but still venturing into the healthy territory.
- A single slice of buffalo chicken pan pizza can have 150 calories. That is ten calories higher than a slice of cheese pan pizza, which, again, is fairly acceptable.
- A single slice of chicken-bacon parmesan pan pizza can have 170 calories. That is on par with a single slice of BBQ chicken pan pizza and sits on the healthy territory.
- A single slice of Hawaiian chicken pan pizza can have 150 calories. That is the same as a single slice of buffalo chicken pan pizza.
- A single slice of meat lover’s pan pizza comes in a whopping 210 calories. A huge jump in calories compared to the others on this list, but according to health experts, that can still pass the healthy meter.
- A single slice of pepperoni pan pizza can have 190 calories. That is 20 calories higher than that of a single slice of BBQ chicken pan pizza and chicken-bacon parmesan pan pizza.
- A single slice of supreme pan pizza can have 160 calories. That is ten calories higher than a slice of buffalo chicken pan pizza and Hawaiian chicken pan pizza.
- A single slice of the ultimate cheese lover’s can have 180 calories. That is ten calories short of a single slice of pepperoni pan pizza.
- A single slice of veggie lover’s pan pizza can have 130 calories. The lowest calorie count in this list is a no brainer because it is mainly made of vegetables.
Your Body in Pizza
Now that you know how many calories in a pan pizza, it is time to direct your attention to what is happening to your body when you eat pizza. Have you ever wondered about that? This is a serious matter because it can affect your system, depending on how much pizza you are eating or what kind of pizza it is.
From 0 to 20 Minutes After Eating
The science between pizza and your system goes like this; when the pizza hits your taste buds, your mouth automatically sends the pleasure signal to your brain. The brain will then register that first bite, so when you eat your next slice of pizza, it won’t have that much punch as the first one, and the process goes on until you reach your fill.
While the process mentioned above is happening, salivating is also occurring, which releases enzymes in your mouth as you eat your pizza. As soon as you swallow, it will then travel from your esophagus to your stomach. The enzymes mentioned earlier will then work in the pizza’s carbohydrates and transform it into glucose, which are simple sugars in your system. Think of glucose as a form of mana that fuels the movements of the body.
From 20 Minutes to 30 Minutes
If you have eaten a pizza with cheese or something with a good amount of fat, the chances are high that those fats will slow the glucose down in hitting your bloodstream. With this process, you will gain more energy from the pizza you have eaten. However, if your body doesn’t handle cheese or gluten like a normal person, you will have a bad day of belly-bloating.
From 30 Minutes to 40 Minutes
At this point, all of your glucose should now be in your bloodstream. Insulin is then released in your pancreas to help cells absorb the simple sugars or glucose and transform it as energy for your body. The problem here is when your cells are already full of glucose and cannot absorb glucose anymore, resulting in higher blood sugar in your system. If this continues, you will encounter health problems later down the line like heart diseases and poor blood circulation.
This is why knowing how many calories in a pan pizza should be on your high priority list because if eating pizza gets out of hand, there can be serious repercussions. Here’s how to learn more about calories on pizza.
Now we have answered the question of how many calories in a pan pizza. It is up to you on what to do moving forward. You can eat your pizza in moderation and live a longer, healthier life.