It is no wonder that cheese makes everything tasty. Well, there are lots of people who don’t like cheese, but when it’s spread to pizza? It can never go wrong. But is it healthy? If you are a health-conscious person, you might want to finish this article and discover how much calories you take from eating just a slice of pizza. So how many calories in cheese pizza? Read below to find out.
When you think of healthy foods, pizza is definitely out of the list. But did you know that there are also health benefits you can gain from eating pizza? These health benefits come from the toppings.
How Healthy is Pizza
- Pizzas are made different, depending on the ingredients you use. Needless to say, fried foods contain fats that can harm one’s health. Health professionals advised reducing the intake of fats to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- The best thing about baking your pizza is that you have the authority as to what toppings you are going to put it. You may want to make it with vegetables—onions, bell peppers, mushrooms—which provides vitamins that your body needs.
Adding a nutritional amount of toppings for your pizza is never a bad idea. But every pizza that everybody wants is filled with delicious melted cheese. In the next part, we will go over the calories in one slice of cheese pizza that we intake.
How Many Calories in Cheese Pizza?
- Did you know that with every 107 grams slice of cheese pizza, you are taking in 285 calories? Do you think it’s a lot? Wait until you see how many cheese calories does a whole cheese pizza contains.
- A slice of cheese pizza that is typically sold infamous pizza chains contains an amount of about 300 calories. Others also contain 700 calories. Famous pizza chains like Pizza Hut, a whole serving of their pizza, which is about 841 grams, contains 2,315 calories. When you try to break it down, it is distributed into:
Yes, you read that right. You are taking in lots of calories with every bite of cheese pizza. With all these amounts of calories, you can reduce or cut calories in your pizza.
The following are ways to reduce your calorie-intake over cheese pizzas:
- Do not dip your pizza in sauces
- Order a thin crust pizza
- Choose a whole-wheat crust
- Top it with vegetable toppings
Now, you know how many calories in cheese pizza. Know more about cheese on pizza.
You can now enjoy your pizza while maintaining your health, now that you learned how many calories in cheese pizza contain. Make sure to prioritize a healthy lifestyle while knowing the risk of your food intake.