Pizza drivers are one of the most hardworking workers yet are so much underrated. They travel from place to place, back and forth, to bring the taste of delicious pizza right on everyone’s doorstep. Are you also planning to be one and are wondering how much do pizza delivery drivers make? Here’s what you needed to know about pizza drivers.
What Pizza Delivery Drivers Do
Before you learn how much a pizza delivery driver makes, you first have to know its job description. You need to have a glimpse of what they do at work. Pizza delivery drivers do tasks that are more than just delivering your pizza orders right in your home.
Pizza companies need workers that are flexible and are versatile to get the business stay on track. Here are some of the job responsibilities and tasks that a pizza delivery driver needs to accomplish:
- In case the store is short of staff, pizza delivery drivers often are the ones that accept and process the orders of the customers. That means they can also do store services if many orders are coming their way to help ease the process.
- As a pizza delivery driver, they also need to act professionally with their co-workers and managers, even to the customers. This is to help build a stronger team within the store.
- They need to radiate a positive spirit towards the customers and their co-workers even in rush and busy hours.
- Pizza delivery drivers also need to familiarize how to use GPS technology since this will be their main companion while they’re on the road.
- They also need to familiarize their assigned location more so they can have an idea of where to take a shortcut in rush hour traffic cases. This is essential not to delay the delivery time.
- Pizza delivery drivers should always be alert in times of delivery. This means that they should have all the orders with them before going on the road.
- It is also a must that they should have a detailed list of every task they do include how much they spent on fuel changing and refilling on every working day.
- Also, they need to be good at basic mathematics. They do so much counting daily, especially with receiving payment and giving back changes. They need to be numerically accurate so that no money would vanish in thin air.
How Much Do They Get?
It seems like everyone would love to become a pizza delivery driver once in their lives. Who doesn’t? It’s an amazing and very decent job! However, many reports tell how pizza delivery drivers are paid less than they deserve. How much do pizza delivery drivers make, and is it enough?
- Some companies pay their delivery drivers decently. However, some don’t even let them get the standard minimum wage. How much do pizza drivers make? Some get offered $9 per hour, while others receive only $2-$5 per hour. It’s a crazy low amount of money compared to how much do pizza delivery drivers make.
What Pizza Companies Should Include in the Paycheck
Since you now know how much do pizza delivery drivers make, it’s time to know what comes with the cost of being a pizza delivery driver, and is the actual salary worth it?
- Most companies give their pizza delivery drivers multiple positions at once. That means you can be a cashier, a delivery man, a cleaner, and entertain the customer all at the same time as work. That can be so tiring and exhausting. Companies must also consider how much effort and time their pizza delivery drivers exert and equate it with the right amount of salary they deserve.
- If you are a delivery driver and use your motorcycle or any vehicle for the job, you will most likely pay for the repairs when your vehicle gets damaged. Pizza companies should also consider this and compensate for the extra expenses of the delivery man. Getting paid with just a minimum wage or less isn’t enough to get you through the month when you constantly have these problems in hand.
- It is also important that pizza companies compensate their delivery men with how much they pay for gas or fuel changes. The amount you pay for the gas shouldn’t be included in your standard or average salary rate. This should be added to what is your regular rate. Find out more about pizza business.
You now have an idea of how much do pizza delivery drivers make on average. This is not an easy-peasy job. They provide great service to customers and pizza companies, so they deserve the exact amount of salary that matches the amount of work they do. As customers, it is a must to give them the utmost respect because they highly deserve it.