How To Make English Muffin Pizza By Yourself
When we hear the word "pizza," most of our taste buds go crazy because everyone would agree when we say that pizza is one of the best foods in the world. It is easy to eat, and it is so delicious that no one would dare to reject you when you offer pizza to them. There are lots of pizza types around the world, and each of them has a unique and mouthwatering taste — English muffin pizza is one of these. So, are you excited to know how to make English muffin pizzas? Do not worry because this article will guide you on producing a perfect English muffin pizza that everyone would like and find appetizing.
What is an English Muffin Pizza?
Before we proceed on how to make an English muffin pizza, let us first discover what this delectable recipe is all about. If you are looking for a recipe to cook that is presentable and low-maintenance, English muffin pizza is the best option for you. In the 1900s, English muffin pizza is inspired by the infamous pizza bagels. But today, it is known as a wholesome and delicious snack loved by everyone regardless of age.
Based on its historical background, English muffins became widely known as an English toaster crumpet. They have been marketed in America in the late 1850s. On the other hand, after almost 100 years, pizza bagels came into the scene. The pizza cooked on a halved bagel baked without a hole—which looked like an English Muffin— was the earliest claimed version of English muffin pizza.
Ingredients of Muffin Pizza
It is important to know first the ingredients of this recipe before proceeding on how to make English muffin pizzas. Like a classic pizza, making English muffin pizza also requires simple ingredients that even a beginner in the kitchen can find them completely. With that said, let us now proceed on the complete ingredients listed below:
- For the pizza crust, the English muffin will be used. If you plan to do it at home, it is advisable to use whole-grain English muffins and avoid adding many amounts of sugar and processed ingredients to make your English muffin pizza healthy.
- For the sauce, you can use any pizza sauce that you would like. You can choose the kind of sauce you would use for your English muffin pizza among tomato sauce, pesto sauce, creamy pumpkin pasta sauce or alfredo, and barbecue sauce. You should always prioritize your sauce preference because you will be the one who will enjoy that delectable recipe.
- Everyone would agree when we say that pizza would not be complete without the cheese. If you want your English muffin pizza classic, you can use fresh mozzarella cheese. This kind of cheese is also very versatile as you can use it to experiment with other types of cheese present in your refrigerator. You can also try adding cheddar cheese and or with ricotta to make a twist on your English Muffin Pizza.
- Lastly, you can add anything that you like from pepperoni, sausage, pineapples, and other more for the toppings. Do not worry because anything goes right with an English muffin pizza because it is very versatile.
How to Make English Muffin Pizza
There are many ways on how to make English muffin pizzas, but baking is the most conventional way to cook it. To bake an English muffin pizza, be guided with the following steps below:
- Toast first your English muffin to make your crust crispier.
- After you pre-toast the English muffins, add your choice of sauce on them and spread it evenly.
- Then, add your desired toppings on your English muffin pizza. You can also sprinkle your choice of cheese on it.
- While adding your toppings on your English muffin pizza, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Bake the English muffin pizza at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. To know if you can already remove it from the oven, the cheese should already be melted, and the English muffins should be lightly golden at the edges.
Alternative Cooking Methods of English Muffin Pizza
While baking is the most conventional method on how to make English muffin pizzas, there are alternative cooking methods that you can also try, like using a grill, air fryer, and toaster oven. Be guided with the following tips below:
- To cook your English muffin pizza on a grill, you should turn your grill on low heat and put the English muffins on the grill racks. When you already have seen that the English muffins are toasted already and look crispy, immediately remove it from the grill racks and add your desired toppings and cheese. After that, apply a small amount of oil on a non-stick pan and add the English muffin pizza. Wait until the cheese has melted to remove the English muffin pizza from the pan.
- To cook your English muffin pizza on an air fryer, preheat the appliance to 400 degrees F. Add the English muffin and remove it from the air fryer after one minute. You can now add your desired sauce, toppings, and cheese. After that, bring back the English muffin pizza on the air fryer again and preheat it to 320 degrees F. Wait for about 3 to 4 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- To cook your English muffin pizza on a toaster oven, heat your toaster oven to 400 degrees F and place your English muffins inside it for about 2 to 3 minutes. After removing it from the toaster oven, you can now add your desired sauce, toppings, and cheese to the English muffin. Reheat the English muffin pizza in the toaster oven by setting it to 400 degrees F and wait for 4 to 5 minutes until the cheese has melted. Find out more about pizza recipes.
Now that we have known how to make English muffin pizzas, it is very important to keep these tips in mind to achieve your pizza's desired taste and outcome. It is also essential to complete the ingredients when you would like to make English muffin pizza so it will be easy for you. Remember that you can make a perfect English muffin pizza by believing in yourself and following the tips and guidelines given in this article.
January 8, 2021
By: Lisa Lore
Pizza is one of the famous and delicious meals you can serve for your family. Everyone in your house will be delighted if you bake their favorite pizza.