There are a few ways you go about your pizza; it’s either the old and classic one, which is greasy and junk food, or the other, which is the healthier one. If you’re conscious about your health, then most likely, you’ll choose the latter rather than the former. If you want to understand and know how to make healthy pizza, then you’re in for a treat.
If you know how to make healthy homemade pizza, you are sure enough to be clean and safe to use. In this article, you’ll be learning a few ways here and there to make healthy pizza at home! In addition, I will be providing tips and other things to make your pizza more appetizing and appealing to other people.
Useful Tips On How To Make A Healthy Pizza
Knowing how to make healthy pizza means cutting excess calories and substituting them with healthier ones, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you cut the fun out of it. Luckily, there are some other ways to make healthy homemade pizza. Here are some of the steps and ingredients you need on how to make healthy pizza.
I’ve listed some of my favorite toppings. You can also add extra vegetables or proteins if you want!
- Red bell peppers
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Shredded Chicken
- Sliced Mushrooms
- Balsamic Glaze
Steps On How To Make A Healthy Pizza
The first part will always be pre-heating your oven. After preheating the oven, slightly brush the baking sheet’s surface or baking stone and put the dough on top of the pan or stone.
Step 1. Add Sauce On Top Of The Dough
Brush the tomato sauce evenly but leave a small clearance for your fingers to touch once they are cooked. Before applying your sauce, brush olive oil and add your garlic cloves. Spread your tomato sauce using the back part of the spoon.
Step 2. Add Your Toppings
You can go to everything about this part. For me, I added mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken, mozzarella, sliced mushrooms. I combined these ingredients because they add some distinct flavors that are tasty to the mouth. Remember that eating a healthy pizza doesn’t mean you eliminate having appetizing flavors, right?
Step 3. Baking
Once you’re done adding your desired topping. You have to bake the pizza until the dough turns golden brown in color. For me, I check it every 10 to 15 minutes to see if everything is cooking well and avoid burning my pizza. Yay!
Step 4. Serve It
When your crust turns to a golden brown, it’s ready to serve! Get your heat-resistant gloves and take the pan out! After getting the pizza from the oven, I topped it with balsamic glaze and fresh Aragula, only if you desire it. Keep in mind that you can add healthier options for the toppings.
It pays to read on the internet on what toppings should be put into your pizza for a healthier vibe! That’s how to make a healthy pizza, folks! Pretty quick and easy, right? You can do this pizza for around 15 to 20 minutes. There’s no need for you to be professional to do this one. One gentle reminder, the toppings, and other ingredients can be altered as long as you prefer it!
Guidelines To Make A Healthy Pizza
Perhaps you wanted to know how to make healthy pizza at home. But first, you need to know the guidelines before jumping into the actual making. Check on these helpful guidelines that you should always remember.
- Use a lesser cheese. Sometimes, the biggest cheese doesn’t have enough flavors to compliment your pizza. Try adding your pizza with low-fat parmesan or part-skim mozzarella. In this way, calories won’t skyrocket because of unadvisable cheese preparations. Start small and go from there.
- Pile up on Veggies. When you plan on making a healthy pizza, veggies are readily available on your fridge as nobody notices them. More veggies mean more vitamins and nutrients! Some of the best veggies that can complement your pizza are broccoli: spinach, lettuce, and pineapple, to name a few. Whatever you got on your fridge, toss it out on your pizza.
- Go for better toppers. Eliminating the cheese is sometimes the hardest part for us. However, there are numerous options available that are healthier than a gob of cheese. Why not try meaty mushrooms or roasted squash? Many vegetables are an ideal option for toppers.
- Pick leaner meats. For pizza lovers out there who don’t want to remove their precious meat. Why not go for leaner meats instead? If you wanted to find out how to make a healthy pizza, you must practice swapping out.
- For this part, you may want to swap your favorite pork sausage and pepperoni with thinly sliced salami or even a chicken sausage or turkey bacon? It pays to be a swapper sometimes.
- Combine your pizza with salad. Instead of eating less pizza, why not serve it up with salad too? Having a separate food, the munch will limit yourself by eating only small portions of pizza. Less is more.
- Go for homemade pizza sauce! Commercially made pizza is loaded with preservatives and salt. A homemade pizza sauce is the best way you go about it. You can also mix the flavors, and you can also decide which sauce and ingredients you will be adding. Why not try fresh garlic or some good old olive oil?
- Protein is the best! Grilled chicken, lean meats, shrimp, and other lean products are the best way to add some texture to your pizza. Avoid choosing fatty meats.
- Mind your portions. Pizza is one of these cravings that can get out of hand in an instant. So, the best way is to mind your portions. Ask yourself, do you really have to eat that 4th slice?
Learning how to make healthy pizza doesn’t have to be hard. With my recipe and instructions, you are sure to fire up those ovens and start making your very own health pizza! Always remember that it will always be up to your preference on what kinds of healthy serving you would add. As long as you minimize your calorie intake when eating pizza, it’s a small step towards victory. Happy baking! Here’s how to learn more about healthy pizzas.