Pizzas are so fun to make. With different recipes available online, you can do them instantly in your kitchen. They now come in different shapes, bases, and ingredients. But one of the most trending food now is the pizza roll. And in this article, we will teach you how to make pizza rolls with pizza dough!
Who Invented the Pizza Roll
Before we teach you how to make pizza rolls with pizza dough, aren’t you curious who invented the pizza roll? Most of us thought that pizza rolls were only invented recently, but no, they are not. They are delicious, packed with nutrients, and so easy to bring or eat during our trip. Perhaps you’ll be surprised to know that this tasty snack is being served since 1968! Yes, that’s a fact. Jeno Paulucci invented the pizza roll that most of us love. He came up with the idea of pizza roll when he was packing garlic bread and lasagna. Jeno Paulucci is popular with his frozen Chinese food. However, when he invented the pizza roll, it became a boom. So popular that Paulucci even had his own company for this called Jeno’s Pizza Rolls. Unfortunately, he sold his recipe and his company to Pillsbury in 1985. Right after being purchased, they named the company Totino’s Pizza. So, if you are wondering why they have a similar taste, that’s the reason why. You must be very curious now on how to make this delicious snack, so, if you want to know how then keep reading.
Prepare the Materials and Ingredients
How to make pizza rolls with pizza dough? First, you need to have the materials and ingredients. So go check your fridge and pantry to complete the homemade pizza roll dough recipe below.
What you need:
- pizza dough
- grated cheese
- cooked sausage
- cooked and sliced ham
- cooked and sliced pepperoni
- pizza sauce
- basil or other herbs of your choice
- finely chopped red bell pepper
- finely chopped green bell pepper
- finely chopped onion
- melted butter
- pastry brush
- cookie sheets
- garlic powder
Make! Make! Make!
Now it’s time for you to know how to make pizza roll dough! This is the fun part because you will be working with the recipes that you have to make this delicious snack. We bet thinking of this makes your mouth water. So, let us not prolong your agony. Below are the instructions that you should follow diligently.
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 400-degrees.
- Make sure that the flat surface where you will be working is clean and free from obstruction
- dust the surface or use a cookie sheet
- get your dough and rolling pin
- run the rolling pin across your dough until you achieve a 14 to 15-inch size
- shape it rectangle and set aside
- spread the pizza sauce across the pizza
- add all the toppings as well as the grated cheese
- roll it slowly
- cut it into small pieces
- get a parchment paper and place it on your pizzas stone or baking pan
- place all the pizza rolls
- in a bowl, add your melted butter and garlic powder
- brush the liquid solution over the rolls
- put the pizza rolls inside the oven
- bake the pizza rolls for 10 to 12 minutes or until the top turns brown
- bring it out the oven
- sprinkle it again with cheese on top and see it how it melts
- Get a plate and serve the pizza rolls
Try Different Flavors
Now that you know how to make pizza rolls with pizza dough, feel free to know different recipes online that you can try. You can use different types of meat, cheese, add fruits, or veggies. You can also change the shape into swirls, twists, or cover-ups. Here’s how to learn more about pizza recipes.
If there is a food that will survive different generations, it would be pizza. We all have proven that because all around the world, most counties have their own version of pizza. Some are with a different base, unusual toppings, some even prepare it in a different method, and some experimented with the shape. With its popularity, more and more pizza shops open and offer different flavors each year. The commonly tried recipe now is the pizza roll, and it has been taking attention since it was introduced. But now that you learned how to make pizza rolls with pizza dough in this article, you don’t need to wait in the long line to taste it! You can make it at home and enjoy it while it is hot. All you need to do is follow the instructions well and without skipping to ensure that you’ll get the right finish. You can explore different flavors next time.