Boring and tasteless pizza is enough to embarrass you with your house guests or family. So, if you want to make a good impression, make sure to have your seasonings in your kitchen to keep it taste better. In this article, we will teach you how to make pizza seasoning at home! If you are excited to know more about this, read till the end.
Pizza Seasoning Explained
Before we teach you how to make pizza seasoning at home, we will give a brief explanation of pizza seasoning. When you hear the word seasoning, the first thing that might come to your mind, maybe salt and pepper. But when it comes to pizza, both of these are just the basics. Different pizza seasonings are being used around the world. And if we are to dig in history, the traditional blend came from the Italians. It’s no surprise anyway since they are the ones who invented it. With a little sprinkle on top, the pizza seasoning can make the crust tasty and the toppings. This seasoning is very useful because it can also be used when baking bread or marinating meat. The usual ingredients are salt and pepper, added with fresh herbs. But for thrill-seekers, they are now using chili flakes to make spicy pizza. The process of making it isn’t that easy, but as long as you put your heart into it, you can have it done! So, if you want to do this at home, read more.
Prepare the Things that You Need
How to make pizza seasoning at home? Of course, it won’t be possible without the materials and ingredients. But don’t forget that each element should be in their best state to ensure your cooking quality and make them last longer.
What you need:
- cookie sheet
- clean cloth
- coarse sea salt
Time to Dehydrate
Now that you have completed the pizza seasoning recipe, it’s time to dehydrate them! Drying them will enhance their flavor and would extend their shelf life. This is the crucial part, so you need to follow the procedures accurately. If one of these didn’t dry well, it could only be used for a short time.
- The first thing to do is to wash the fresh ingredients thoroughly. Make sure that no pest is present on the leaves.
- Prepare the containers for each ingredient. Make sure that each is clean and sterilized.
- Aside from being sterilized, they should be completely dry.
- Next, peel the garlic and chop it thinly enough to make flakes. Do this also with the onion.
- Get a baking tray and place the cookie sheet on top
- Arrange the fresh herbs in the tray
- Put it inside the oven and heat it up to 180-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wait for them to dry completely. It may take 1 to 1 ½ hour, depending on the amount you put inside.
- When it’s done, take the tray out of the oven.
- Remove the twigs and leave only the dried leaves.
- Pound the salt and peppercorn until you get the consistency that you prefer. But if you are in a hurry, you may use your food processor.
Keep them Sealed
After the dehydration process, your homemade pizza seasoning is ready to use! But first, you need to put each inside the container to prevent contamination. Doing this will keep them safe and well-preserved! Don’t forget to close the lid tightly so no bacteria or pest could come in. It would be better if you will keep it away from moisture or wet surfaces. These are good to keep in secured dry places. You now know how to make pizza seasoning at home! Congratulations! Know more about pizza recipes.
When we say pizza, the first thing that comes to our mind is its savory and flavorful taste. But without the seasonings, it’s like a cloud without the rain and cone without the ice cream. That is why we can never blame other people for making their own seasoning at home. If grocery stores run out of stock, they have what they need. And now that you learned how to make pizza seasoning at home, you too can be prepared! In case your kids ask for a snack, unexpected visitor, girls’ movie night, pool party, or whatever, you can make pizza instantly! They wouldn’t even notice that you weren’t prepared because it will taste amazing. So, whenever you feel like making one, you don’t need to drive out of town to buy it because you can do it yourself! Just follow the procedures and don’t skip any of it to ensure you have the best quality seasoning. Have fun!