If you are looking for an easy vegan pizza recipe, then you’re in the right place. No one wants a pizza recipe that is hard to follow or takes forever to get done. That is why I’m sharing with you my pizza veggie recipe. Each veggie adds a flavor and texture that is unique, and together they make an awesome pizza. Plus, it’s so easy to make. Sit back and learn how to make vegan pizza.
How to Make Vegan Pizza
This recipe for vegan pizza is a real crowd delight. The veggie pizza toppings are full of flavor that no one cares that they are cheeseless.
- One ball of thin-crust dough
- One jarred roasted red pepper
- Three cloves of garlic
- Eight baby Bella mushrooms
- ¼ red onion
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- Two tablespoons olive oil for brushing the dough
- 3 cups of spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup fire-roasted crushed tomatoes or homemade pizza sauce
- Six canned of quartered artichoke hearts
- Four large leaves of basil
- Prepare the dough by following the instructions on how to knead the dough.
- In the oven, before placing a pizza, remember to preheat your oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut into thin strips the red pepper, and set aside. You should mince three cloves of garlic and cut red onion and chestnuts. Drain, and rinse the chickpeas.
- Heat two tablespoons in a large skillet with olive oil. Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, chickpeas, spinach, and 1⁄2 teaspoon of kosher salt. Saute for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are tender and the spinach is wilted.
- When the dough is ready, dust a peel of cornmeal pizza or semolina flour, you can use a baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet if you don’t have a pizza peel. Stretch the dough into a circular pattern. Then place the dough gently onto the pizza peel.
- Place a thin layer of crushed tomatoes over the dough and dust with a few licks of kosher salt. Place the sauteed vegetables, then top with strips of red pepper and a quarter of artichoke.
- Move the pizza into the oven using a pizza peel and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until the crust is brown. Slice the basil into thin strips while the pizza bakes. Let it cool down slightly, then top it with basil and serve.
Your vegan pizza is ready, and it’s filled with tomatoes, mushrooms, red pepper, artichoke, and basil. This pizza is delicious, health-friendly, and enjoyable to eat. Below is another veggie recipe on how to make vegan pizza without cheese.
Pizza Without Cheese: Vegan Pizza Toppings
This pizza-delicious vegan recipe has beautiful tastes, no need for cheese! A little bit of fresh basil, favorite tomatoes, mushrooms, and artichokes create a taste explosion.
The one downside is that vegan pizza doesn’t stick together with the cheese-laden pizza so watch out for falling toppings when you grab a slice. It’s just a barely small amount.
The best veggie toppings for a homemade pizza offers a wide range of health benefits because it is a dairy-free pizza. It requires loads of flavor in the toppings. You can use these ideas on a cheese pizza as vegetarian pizza toppings too! Here are some of our favorite veggie pizza toppings to add to your pizza:
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Raw or lightly sauteed red onion slivers
- Sliced roasted red and green peppers
- Kalamata or black olives
- Shaved brussels sprouts
- Canned artichoke hearts
- Green onions
Best Vegan Pizza Recipe Tips and Hints
Here are a few tips on how to make vegan pizza:
Meaty Veggie Toppings
Pizza without cheese needs great flavors, savory or meaty. Add mushrooms and artichoke to the vegetarian pizza toppings.
High-Quality Pizza Sauce
Since cheeseless pizza cannot make up for cheese flavor, the tomatoes you are using must add mega flavor. Fire-roasted tomatoes give the pizza sauce a lovely sweet taste, which takes just 5 minutes to make. Also, you can place the pizza with a flavorful marinara sauce.
A bad dough cannot hide the taste and crispiness in a vegan pizza. That’s why we recommend using the best quality dough.
Although this is no-cheese pizza, the recipe for vegan pizza will be a big hit to your friends and family. What do you think of this veggie pizza?
What Do You Need to Make Vegan Pizza
You should first know the essential tools on how to make vegan pizza. You’ll need warm water, fast-acting yeast, all-purpose flour, olive oil, sugar, salt, and garlic powder for the pizza dough. You can top the pizza whatever you want to have fun with it. I like to keep it simple with the addition of marinara sauce, fresh basil, and homemade vegan mozzarella.
There are two pizza-making tools you need to step up your pizza game! They do make for the best pizza possible, even though they are not vegetables.
You need a pizza stone to bake the dough at high heat, which results in a crispy outside and a chewy inside pizza.
If you are using a stone to remove the dough from the oven, keep in mind to use a pizza peel for safe and easy pizza removal. Find out more about healthy pizzas.
Who dislikes pizza? This is a real comfort meal. These drool-worthy vegan pizza recipes will also please vegans and meat-eaters! With the recipes and the steps on how to make a vegan pizza, you will surely enjoy your pizza night healthier and tastier.