How To Reheat Pizza In The Oven: The Best Ways
Do you always have leftover pizza at home? If you want to make it taste almost the same when it is still fresh, the best solution is to reheat it properly. You should learn how to reheat pizza in the oven, microwave, and stovetop to warm your cold pizza. If you don't know how, everything you need to know about reheating is here for you.
How Long Does a Leftover Pizza Can Last?
Did you know that the pizza can only last for a couple of days after baking? Pizza can last depending on the toppings. If your pizza is topped with meatballs, vegetables, and sausages, it can last up to two days in your fridge, while if its toppings are cheese and pepperoni, it can stay for around up to four days. The good thing is you can learn how to reheat pizza in the oven, microwave, and stovetop to eat the leftover pizza within four days.
In case you are curious if you can still eat the pizza that is left unrefrigerated overnight, unfortunately, no. Eating perishable food left unrefrigerated for more than two hours has a high risk of food-borne illness. During summer, especially at 40 degrees Fahrenheit and above, food left out unrefrigerated are more prone to bacteria such as E.coli and Salmonella can multiply in number in just 20 minutes.
Three Ways to Reheat Pizza
There are three ways to reheat leftover pizza. You can choose from these three depending on availability and convenience. If you have these three are all available in your house, then you can choose depending on what is the fastest method for you. Here is a simple and easy guide on how to reheat pizza in the oven, microwave, and stovetop.
Reheat Pizza in the Oven
If you want to taste the leftover pizza almost the same as it did the night before and if you want a crispy and crunchy pizza, you should know how to reheat pizza in the oven. It is the best way to reheat leftover pizza as you can reheat more slices of pizza at a time. On the other hand, the downside of reheating it in the oven is it might warm up your kitchen, which is you don’t want to happen, especially during summertime.
If you don’t know how to reheat pizza in the oven? Here are the four easy and simple steps:
- Preheat your oven at 350 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the baking pan from your oven once it reached the temperature. Note that you should be careful as it is super hot.
- Put your pizza on the hot baking pan.
- Return the pan in the oven.
- Let the pizza to bake for about 10 minutes or more if needed.
- Pull out the pizza from the oven, and then rest on the hot pan for about five minutes or more before eating.
Reheat Pizza in the Microwave
If you want to reheat your pizza fastly, it is best to reheat it in the microwave. It is also a great way to reheat frozen pizzas. People who don’t want to heat their kitchen usually use a microwave to reheat pizza. Here are the simple steps to reheat your pizza using a microwave.
- Place the pizza on the plate of the microwave. You can put a parchment paper if you want.
- Set the microwave to 30 or 40 percent power.
- Heat the pizza for about 45 seconds to one minute.
Reheat Pizza on the Stovetop
If you have a few pizza slices and too lazy to preheat the oven, reheating it on the stovetop is a great method for you. This method retains the crispiness of the pizza crust while it melts the cheese and heating the toppings. Follow these steps to reheat your pizza on the stovetop.
- Preheat the skillet on a medium heat temperature.
- Add two slices of pizza, depending on the size of your skillet.
- Cook for about a couple of minutes without cover
- Add a few drops of water on the side of the pan, not on the pizza.
- Cover the pan immediately with a lid
- Cook the pizza for a couple of minutes or until the cheese is melted.
After learning how to reheat pizza in the oven, microwave, and stovetop, you can now eat your leftover pizza anytime, especially when you are starving at night. Reheating pizza can taste as good as a new pizza as long as you do it properly. Know more about pizza.
May 10, 2021
By: Melissa Daniels
The smell of delicious pizzas, loaves of bread, and sweet cobbler wafting through your kitchen is such a fun and delectable thing to imagine and visualize.
May 9, 2021
By: Lisa Lore
When making pizza at home without the right tools and equipment, you may not be getting the taste and texture that you enjoy in restaurants.