How To Roll Out Pizza Dough Thin For Thin-Crust
Besides having a heavenly and mouth-watering taste, another great thing about pizza is that you can make it out from your lovely kitchen's oven. Who doesn’t love this food, right? However, stretching and rolling out pizza dough thin can be a challenge for beginners. Do you know how to roll out pizza dough thin? Don’t worry, in just a few minutes. You can now enjoy creating your thin crust pizza.
How to be a Pizza Pro Maker
With the world shifting in a completely different and opposite direction, buying some goods and foods cannot secure you with the same level of safety anymore. Many would choose to have their goods delivered right at their doorstep. But if you are one of the minor population who wants to give their pizza a touch of home, then making it in your kitchen can be the best option.
Are you tired of watching YouTube videos about how to roll out pizza dough thin? Here’s the article for you. You can grab your pen and a notepad and list down all the information given below on how to roll thin pizza dough. To add more fun, you can call in your family members or friends to make your DIY pizza! Are you ready? Here simple steps that you can follow on how to roll out pizza dough thin.
Prepare Your Dough
- Take out your chilled pizza dough from your fridge. Bring it into a table or on the countertop to let it get the touch of warm room temperature.
- Do not do anything on it before it completely gets the right amount of warmth needed, so the next steps wouldn’t make you want to throw it away.
- Increasing the temperature of the dough before stretching it will make the process more smooth and easy. Thus shaping your dough in a thin layer wouldn’t be much of a headache.
Prepare the Rolling Area
- While your pizza dough is still adjusting to the room temperature, you can now start preparing your workplace. To do this, spray or pour a little bit of olive oil into the flat surface where you plan to roll out your dough later.
- One of the best things about olive oil is that it helps make your crust crispier when your pizza bakes.
Press It Down
- Once you’re done prepping, and your pizza dough has now completed its warming stages, you can now take it out from the bowl or any container. Put it directly above the place where you sprayed olive oil on.
- Before you forget, make sure not to stretch or roll it right away! Press it down firmly first until it completely flattens itself on the table in a disk shape.
- If you observe that the dough is shrinking down as you press it, you need to let it go back into resting state.
- Let the dough sit it in the table for about 10-20 minutes while covering it with a kitchen towel.
Use the Right Tool
- Thinning out the dough using your hands is possible. However, that method will take you ages before you can completely achieve your thin-crust goal. You need to have the right tool for this process.
- You can use a rolling pin to stretch out and roll out your dough. This can make the process of how to roll out pizza dough thin faster and easier than using only your hands.
- After you have picked up your tool, it’s now time to roll out your dough. Press it down again until it is completely flat against the table.
- Now, take the rolling pin and use it to stretch and thin out the dough. Roll it horizontally and vertically for more balanced thinness.
- Make sure to stretch it out larger since it will just shrink down when baked in high temperature.
- Roll it flat so it wouldn’t form annoying bubbles during the baking process.
Prep for Baking
- Once you’re done thinning out the dough, you can now begin to add up the sauce on top and your favorite set of pizza toppings.
- You can now place it inside the oven and let it bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until you notice the crust becomes golden brown. Here's how to learn more about pizza dough.
If you opt to satisfy your pizza cravings at home, you have a huge variety of pizza flavors to choose from. You don’t need to be the best baker in town to learn how to roll out pizza dough thin like a pro. Bon appetit!
January 8, 2021
By: Peter Aldridge
A pizza with a perfect dough is the best tasting one. Toppings make every pizza delicious but pairing it with the beautifully crusted dough will bring your pizza experience to the next level.
January 3, 2021
By: Jason Kennedy
Silicone Mats are kitchen essentials that will help you throughout your pizza preparation and baking process. You need it, particularly when you are tired of scrubbing burnt food and oil off your baking tray.