How To Use A Pizza Cutter For Seamless Slicing
After making your pizza, you need a slicing tool to serve it. Kitchen knives or a bread knife and be used to cut a pizza. But nothing is more practical than using a pizza cutter to slice your pizza. It is more efficient and will cut pizza neatly and cleaner. For a more enjoyable pizza experience, learn how to use a pizza cutter in this article.
What is a Pizza Cutter?
A pizza cutter is an ergonomically designed kitchen tool that specializes in cutting pizzas. It features a circular cutting blade with handles that perfectly slices pizza effortlessly. Aside from pizza, it can also be used in slicing brownies, vegetables, meat, etc. Typically, it is made of stainless steel material, but more advanced pizza cutters use composite materials.
Using the Pizza Cutter
The following are specific steps on how to use a pizza cutter using the most common pizza cutter:
- First, you have to place the cutter into the middle of the pizza. When you position your cutter in the middle part of the pizza, you are more likely to get equal slices.
- Next, you have to roll the blade. Tightly grip your pizza cutter's handles and carefully roll to slice your pizza. If you find it hard cutting a piece of your pizza, try rocking from side to side.
- Do the pizza cut technique. You can apply one approach by cutting your pizza into half vertically and cutting it into half horizontally. After doing that, make an x like shape by cutting a diagonal straight line that would intersect the middle of the pizza. It will help you achieve a perfect equal-sized pizza.
- Repeat the process until you reach the desired number of slices. Continue doing the same steps until you have reached your desired number of slices.
Types of Pizza Cutters
Wheel Type Pizza Cutter
This pizza cutter type has a circular or round-shaped stainless-steel blade connected into a handle. It is convenient to use; storing it is not a problem, but it is sometimes harder to clean than other options. It cuts pizza perfectly and neatly, but its circular blade might be bent if extreme force is applied. You also have to learn a good technique on how to use a pizza cutter utilizing this type.
Pizza Cutter Rocker
Pizza cutter rockers are also called mezzaluna, which is an Italian word for "half-moon." They are typically found in commercial kitchens and restaurants. It features a long, curved blade that is rocked across the pizza to cut. It is easy to clean because the toppings are less likely to stick to its edge. This cutter also is capable of cutting almost anything like a knife.
Scissor Style Cutter
It looks like exactly a pair of scissors, but one of its blades has a flat button that allows you to slice pizza on any surface. You will make a series of shorter cuts to slice the pizza completely using this type. It is fun to use, but other types may be more efficient.
With whatever type of pizza cutter you choose, as long as it serves the purpose, it will guide you as you learn how to use a pizza cutter properly. The key to efficient tools is also keeping them maintained and storing them the right way.
Some Useful Tips in Cutting a Pizza
- You have to cut the pizza the second it's out of the oven. Many restaurants use this technique. It adds to the slicing efficiency because once you let it settle, it starts to toughen up, and it's more challenging. But it is quite necessary to wait for a few minutes before picking it up and eating; it might burn your mouth. Once your baked pizza is out of the oven, let it sit a few seconds and then start cutting through it.
- Get a clean-cut by using a sharp pizza cutter. Your pizza cutter is a cutting kitchen tool, just like a knife. To maintain its efficiency, you have to sharpen it as needed.
- A pizza cutter is highly recommended for pizza slicing, but if you don't have one yet, it's totally fine to use a sharp kitchen knife big enough to fit on your pizza. To cut using a knife, carefully rock the blade back and forth.
The slicing of pizza is made easier and convenient with the help of pizza cutters. You deserve the best pizza cutter to help you create that perfectly-sliced pizza, and learning how to use a pizza cutter is as essential. It will also keep your pizza toppings in place, and your homemade pizza is made tastier in its best shape, so don't ruin the moment. Know more about pizza cutters.
May 11, 2021
By: Jason Kennedy
Have you ever wondered what a pizza cutter is? It is also known as a rollerblade or a pizza wheel that can slice your pizza into a perfect triangular shape.